magickal evocation

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: magickal evocation

Post  xxxaxxxon on Fri Oct 12, 2012 8:53 am

faptaste wrote:Interesting discussions!! Very Happy

Man I feel like a sheep with such powerful mages lol

You know about seduction magic, I just find it a bit disappointing that it doesn't work that way. I already have a target that I am about to have a 50-50 chance of laying but if it's like that --- better relationships, better people--- I am not sure if it does mean better sex. Following initiation into hermetics to a T and become some arhant is boring and uninteresting but a much stabler and peaceful life is guaranteed per mystical route(Franz Bardon) of course.

Following IIH wont make you an Arahant, study Theravada Buddhism for that. Study Satipatthana Sutra
[Only admins are allowed to see this link]
Kind of boring and uninteresting ok, but offers a stable & peaceful life.
If you want peace or stability run away from magic. Yeah even Bardon.
Dont you see the problems I am going through? Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

@Azuth: I have studied Bardon. All his works. ok? But obviously I need to get back to him, much wiser now........

xxxaxxxon

Back to top Go down

Post  faptaste on Fri Oct 12, 2012 9:17 am

xxxaxxxon wrote:
Following IIH wont make you an Arahant, study Theravada Buddhism for that. Study Satipatthana Sutra

Kind of boring and uninteresting ok, but offers a stable & peaceful life.
If you want peace or stability run away from magic. Yeah even Bardon.
Dont you see the problems I am going through? Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

@Azuth: I have studied Bardon. All his works. ok? But obviously I need to get back to him, much wiser now........

Uh no, I meant that as a figure of speech. And no, no stopping on magic. But everything's smoother with Metta somehow. I do thankfulness as a daily ritual. I sometimes get sudden urges to be thankful and it's beautiful.

faptaste

Back to top Go down

Post  xxxaxxxon on Fri Oct 12, 2012 10:19 am

You can also try tonglen, daily offerings or prayer
Thats how it is: With no Buddhism, magick may very well lead to more delusion, more ignorance, more suffering.
Try to put everything together wisely & you can only win

xxxaxxxon

Back to top Go down

Post  Azuth on Fri Oct 12, 2012 11:40 am

faptaste, there are no powerful mages here.

You are confusing many things buddy, about, love, sex, relationships and so on. Just because you find a better partner, or more spiritual one, doesn't mean the sex is going to get worse, on the contrary, you make, and discover higher pleasures and ecstasies together. You seem to have preconceived ideas, without the real experience of things, don't do that, to yourself. It's like judging a fruit for it's taste without even knowing, or trying the fruit, it's your loss. Smile
You don't have to follow fb system, or follow it exactly like he intends. Do you think the gnomes, the salamanders etc get bored, working and working to perfect their skills. Do you think a mountain gets bored, being there for millenia. Contemplate on those things. Contemplate on boredom, what is it, how it starts, unfolds

Last edited by Azuth on Wed Oct 17, 2012 6:34 pm; edited 1 time in total

Azuth

Back to top Go down

Post  faptaste on Fri Oct 12, 2012 11:52 pm

xxxaxxxon wrote:You can also try tonglen, daily offerings or prayer
Thats how it is: With no Buddhism, magick may very well lead to more delusion, more ignorance, more suffering.

Sure I'll do some tonglen but maybe after digesting the Tantric Thelema book. I'd love to do Refuge too ^^

Okay I'm just a guy appropriating tech after tech to suit my wants.

faptaste

Back to top Go down

Post  xxxaxxxon on Sat Oct 13, 2012 9:53 am

faptaste wrote:
xxxaxxxon wrote:You can also try tonglen, daily offerings or prayer

Sure I'll do some tonglen but maybe after digesting the Tantric Thelema book. I'd love to do Refuge too ^^

Okay I'm just a guy appropriating tech after tech to suit my wants.

Most things on the occult are more than just tech you can read from a book and practice right away.
There is also initiation.
Most initiations can be completely unoficial, but not all.
Take refuge for example. There is a very specific way to take refuge in buddha, dharma, sangha.
Or you may be refering to the Tantric Thelema book, which is another matter altogether... Mad

xxxaxxxon

Back to top Go down

Post  faptaste on Sat Oct 13, 2012 10:31 am

xxxaxxxon wrote:

Most things on the occult are more than just tech you can read from a book and practice right away.
There is also initiation.
Most initiations can be completely unoficial, but not all.
Take refuge for example. There is a very specific way to take refuge in buddha, dharma, sangha.
Or you may be refering to the Tantric Thelema book, which is another matter altogether... Mad

Tell me more in pm or here.

faptaste

Back to top Go down

Post  xxxaxxxon on Sat Oct 13, 2012 11:25 am

1st u ask, then I answer

xxxaxxxon

Back to top Go down

Post  Eyes of Eagle on Sat Jan 19, 2013 7:54 pm

xxxaxxxon wrote:I would advise against using tibetan buddhist ritual tools in a western magickal context
Phurba is NOT a "tibetan ritual dagger" Phurba is a phurba.
And its use is very specific.
If you want a dagger for your rituals, get one.
If you want a phurba for decor get one.
Dont mix the two

Tibetan dagger is a tantric tool. MacGregor Mathers & Co. copied deliberately many symbols from Eastern cultures.

In Vajrayana restricted (and Bön) material you can read about it. One of the uses is to trace a "magical space" to work with some tantric practice. Usually is made on earth, outside and not inside a temple.

Another use is to "destroy" someone. Someone in depression can be destroyed as a tantric symbol, destroyed from the prison of the illusion and liberated to the light of his own pure mind. The deity that work with phurba is, usually, Vajrakilaya, The Dagger Made of Diamond, you can search this deity using Google Images.

You use your rage, your anger, not against someone but to free yourself and someone as a symbolic ritual.

Another practice is to destroy obstacles (fear, poverty, illusion). You use the dagger to "kill" like a theatre, you kill some demon (you make use of your imagination and say to yourself "these demons are the representation of ignorance", or fear, or poverty, or anger, or illusion and so on). Then you use the dagger as a dangeours tool to destroy that evil (the personification of some bad mind state or of a bad state of life). You pass the dagger from one hand to another and "cut" the demon in pieces. Then drink his blood and, from ignorance, you find the wisdom and the food to your own mind! It's like receiving some bad words from your boss and change the words in pure poetry, this is the idea behind the magical (tantric) rituals.

You say some violent mantras, usually called fierce mantra.

They say that is a dangerous tantric practice, but Golden Dawn and OTO copied all this openly.
Eyes of Eagle

Back to top Go down

A wise thing I've read in the past

Post  Silence on Mon Sep 29, 2014 5:38 pm

Some time ago, I've read a witch advising a neophite the following:

Life has its own troubles at times, so, in this case, always choose to use your words first to try and fix the present trouble, if not useful, use you own hands, if applicable recur to the law, if everything else fails, turn yourself to your occult knowledge and be very wise and responsible, for all that is sent turns back to you some time in the future.

I loved her teaching and started practicing right awat. Not only it works quite well, but also connects you to the outside world, by not becoming a different species.

Silence

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum